Monday 13 September 2010

So You Thought Nobody Was Looking.

I was Katherine yesterday who said that my story made her cry. It made her cry because she has a deep and profound love of children. That makes her a marvellous teacher, I am sure of this because of the blogs I have read. I was a teacher, and I believe in my heart I was a good teacher.

But let me tell you a little secret. We are all teachers, and the real secret is that we are all teachers when least realise that we are in fact teaching. Let me explain, not today in a story but another of those little lists I so like and enjoy

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you hang my first painting on the refrigerator and I immediately wanted to paint another one.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you feed a stray dog, and I learned that it was good to be kind to animals.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you make my favourite cake for me and I learned that the little things can be the special things in life.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you make a meal and take it to a friend who was sick, and I learned that we all have to help take care of each other.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you give of your time and money to help people who had nothing and I learned that those who have something should give to those who don't.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you take care of our house and everyone in it and I learned we have to take care of what we are given.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw how you handled your responsibilities, even when you didn't feel good and I learned that I would have to be responsible when I grow up.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw tears come from your eyes and I learned that sometimes things hurt, but it's alright to cry.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw that you cared and I wanted to be everything that I could be.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I learned most of life's lessons that I need to know to be a good and productive person when I grow up.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I looked at you and wanted to say, 'Thanks for all the things I saw when you thought I wasn't looking.'

Each and every one of no matter the age teaches those who watch us all the time. We influence those who love us and those who respect us.

Who will be watching you today and what will you teach that person?

This blog is linked to my other.Large MM Abstract

6 comments:

  1. Makes you wonder what lessons were taught by observation when we weren't acting properly...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first thing that came to my mind was my parents. Especially my Dad, whom I adored.. He was all those things. Thanks for the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Ralph! I wrote a long comment on Sherry's blog today and am beginning to feel better! I think I have a really cool idea for her
    but you will have to go there to check it out!
    The sun is rising and pushing the night away so I know today will be one of the best days ever!
    Oh, yeah, we are being watched, all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning,
    Thanks for the memories...I will watch my back from now on.

    ReplyDelete