Thursday 21 January 2010

It Seems to Have Happened Again

Well I managed to complete the painting of the poppies as I said. I had been asked to paint these because somebody liked my previous poppy painting but wanted something more red than the other ones. I deserved it because having painted and sold so many poppy paintings in my first year I had made a new year resolution 2009 not to paint any poppies in the year. I go to October /Novemeber and gave in and painted a pastel of two poppies. This was the one that prompted the request for redder ones. Yesterday the person saw them and said she liked them but I notice she has not put in an offer for them. So here I am again trying to please others and ending up with a canvas I am not sure what to do with. I am really beginning to wonder if it is worthwhile trying to paint for others, Maybe I should just paint for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment