Thursday, 31 March 2011

Echoes

I was out walking with my son and his wife the other day. As we walked we came to an underpass, not a long one but long enough to create a lovely echoing noise. I remembered running in a marathon where the route passed through such an underpass , though much longer. As the runner passed through the call went out. Uggi , Uggi Uggi and the returning call of Oi , OI, Oi. For the moment the runners were all as one, then the racing continued. As I walked the other day I found myself calling, Uggi, Uggi, Uggi , and my daughter in law instantly taking up the response, Oi, Oi, Oi.  A moment shared.

This reminded me of the story of a son and his father who were walking on the mountains.
Suddenly, his son falls, hurts himself and screams: "AAAhhhhhhhhhhh!!!"
To his surprise, he hears the voice repeating, somewhere in the mountain: "AAAhhhhhhhhhhh!
"
Curious, he yells: "Who are you?"
He receives the answer: "Who are you?"

And then he screams to the mountain: "I admire you!"
The voice answers: "I admire you!"
Angered at the response, he screams: "Coward!"
He receives the answer: "Coward!"

He looks to his father and asks: "What's going on?"
The father smiles and says: "My son, pay attention."
Again the man screams: "You are a champion!"
The voice answers: "You are a champion!"
The boy is surprised, but does not understand.
Then the father explains: "People call this ECHO, but really this is LIFE. 

It gives you back everything you say or do. 
Our life is simply a reflection of our actions. 
If you want more love in the world, create more love in your heart.
If you want more competence in your team, improve your competence.
This relationship applies to all of life;

Life will give you back everything you have given to it."
YOUR LIFE IS NOT A COINCIDENCE.  IT'S A REFLECTION OF YOU!"

I hope you have a happy day.

This blog is linked to my other.  Towards Enlightenment

7 comments:

  1. Good Morning Ralph, today will be Great...Great...great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never heard of an echo being like life. I do agree. It is how it happens...

    ReplyDelete
  3. True but sometimes one person's echoes drown out many others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the story....and of course, I have to agree! If we are unhappy....we have only ourselves to blame.
    Great painting to go with the echo story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colors in this painting are wonderful, beautiful story, so true!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the transcendant shade of gold in the painting...echoes of light...you are

    ReplyDelete